A free listing of Upper Peninsula events. Events included must cost $25 or less
(except fundraisers). All events are free and in Eastern time unless otherwise
noted. We print information sent to us by a wide variety of people and organizations.
It pays to verify the date, time, place and cost before heading out.
For inclusion, submit your events by the 15th of the month preceeding publication, to: Marquette
Monthly, 810 N. Third St, Marquette, MI 49855, 226-6500, fax 226-9696.
Out & About: Calendar | On the Town | Art Galleries | Museums | Support Groups
- Tuesdays: Open mike.
322 Sixth Street. 337-4430.
• Fatboyz South.
- Fridays: Karaoke.
170 West Flint Street. 346-6211.
• Happy Hour.
- Saturdays: Karaoke.
5 East Stephenson. 346-6340.
• Up North Lodge.
- Wednesdays: Trivia, 7:00 p.m.
215 CR-55. 346-9815.
• The Dry Dock Tavern.
- Fridays: Karaoke with Pierre.
- Saturday, May 11: D.J. music.
- Saturday, the 25th: Overtones.
5027 US-41 South. 249-3298.
• Jasper Ridge Brewery.
- Thursdays: Trivia, 8:00 to 10:00 p.m.
1075 Country Lane. 485-6017.
• Paradise Bar.
- Fridays and Saturdays: Karaoke.
122 West Division Street. 486-8851.
• Black Rocks Brewery.
- Wednesdays: Mike Waite.
- Thursdays: Open Jam, 6:00 to 10:00 p.m.
424 North Third Street. 273-1333.
• Blue Lounge.
- Friday, May 3: Everything Under the Sun.
- Saturday, the 4th: Trippline.
- Friday, the 10th and Saturday, the 11th: Battle of the Bands, lineup TBA.
- Friday, the 17th and Saturday, the 18th: Battle of the Bands, lineup TBA.
- Friday, the 24th and Saturday, the 11th: Battle of the Bands, lineup TBA.
- Saturday, the 25th: Battle of the Bands Finals.
145 West Washington Street. 273-0706.
- Mondays: Open mike night. 9:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays through Saturdays: Karaoke.
- Friday, May 3: Rusty Wright Band.
- Friday, the 10th: Nothing Less, 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Thursday, the 16th: Penny Menze, 6:00 to 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, the 17th: Last Chance, 6:00 to 9:30 p.m.
- Thursday, the 23rd: Bobby Hayes Band, 6:00 to 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, the 24th: Hart, Harp and Bones, 6:00 to 9:30 p.m.
- Thursday, the 30th: Nothing Less, 6:00 to 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, the 31st: Last Chance, 6:00 to 9:30 p.m.
Cover charge on weekends only.
429 West Washington Street. 228-8865.
• Harley’s Lounge.
- Tuesdays: Mike Waite.
- Wednesdays: Open Mic with Jake and Evan.
- Thursday, May 2: Ed the Resonator and Stuart Bruce.
- Friday, the 3rd: Overtones.
- Saturday, the 4th: Last Chance.
- Friday, the 17th: Ed the Resonator and Stuart Bruce.
Inside the Ramada Inn.
412 West Washington Street. 228-6000.
• Longshot Saloon.
- Wednesdays: Karaoke.
149 West Baraga Avenue. 226-6333.
• My Place Lounge.
- Tuesdays: Trivia. 8:30 p.m.
Inside the Holiday Inn.
1951 US-41. 225-0255.
• Northland Pub.
- Thursdays: Billy Alberts.
Inside the Landmark Inn.
230 North Front Street. 228-2580.
• Ore Dock Brewing Company.
- Friday, May 3: G-Snacks.
- Saturday, the 4th: Go Long Mule.
- Saturday, the 11th: The Andreas Kapsalis and Goran Ivanovic Guitar Duo.
- Friday, the 17th and Saturday, the 18th: True Falsettos.
- Friday, the 24th: Chasin’ Steel.
- Saturday, the 25th: Kickin the Blues Fundraiser.
- Friday, the 31st: Travis Swanson and the Midnight Movers.
114 West Spring Street. 228-8888.
• Vango’s Pizza and Cocktail Lounge.
- Thursdays: Jim and Ray.
927 North Third Street. 228-7707.
• Wild Rover.
- Mondays: Trivia, 9:00 p.m.
- Friday, May 3: Team Awesome.
142 West Washington Street. 273-1113.
• Falling Rock Café.
- Wednesdays: Open jam. 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 4: Evergreen 7.
- Saturday, the 11th: Chris Valenti.
- Saturday, the 18th: U.P. Gumbo.
- Saturday, the 25th: Carter Family Workshop.
7:00 p.m. $5 suggested donations.
104 East Munising Avenue. 387-3008 or www.fallingrockcafe.com
• Barr’s Bar.
- Wednesdays and Fridays: Karaoke.
511 Iron Street. 475-5233.
• Chapper’s Pub.
- Saturday, May 18: Shot Gun Kelli.
432 Iron Street. 475-5888.
- Tuesdays: Line dancing and DJ music.
100 Cliff Street. 475-4466.
• Rookies Sports Bar.
- Thursdays: Karaoke and birthday bash.
- Friday, May 3 and Saturday, the 4th: Stranded.
- Friday, the 24th and Saturday, the 25th: Nudge.
- Friday, the 31st and Saturday, June 1: Driver.
304 Iron Street. 475-6436.